Start your Ionic project from an App Template
In this section you learn how to get started with an Ionic template and get ready to use Back4App in 4 steps.
To complete this quickstart, you need:
- Visual Studio Code (or any web IDE you like).
- Ionic Framework.
- An app created at Back4App.
- Follow the New Parse App tutorial to learn how to create a Parse app at Back4App.
Step 1 - Get the template
- Download the template at our
GitHub repository, and unzip files in your project folder. You can do that using the following command line:
$ curl -LOk https://github.com/back4app/ionic-quickstart-example/archive/master.zip && unzip master.zip
- Navigate to the extracted folder and install the depedencies using the following command line:
$ cd ionic-quickstart-example-master && npm install
Step 2 - Open the project template
- Open Visual Studio Code.
- Click on
- Navigate to the project folder and click on
- Wait for Visual Studio to open.
Step 3 - Set up app’s credentials
- Open your home typescript file:
- Go to your App Dashboard at Back4App Website.
- Navigate to app’s settings: Click on
Core Settingsblock >
- Return to your
home.tsfile and paste your
See more at our New Parse App guide.
Step 4 - Testing your connection
- Run your app on your browser.
$ ionic serve
- Wait until a new tab opens on your browser.
In order to see the page in a phone frame, press
- Login at Back4App Website.
- Find your app and click on
- Click on
- Go to
If everything works properly, you should find a class named
Installation as follows:
At this point, you have learned how to get started with Ionic apps.